Half Iron Update:
- I emailed the coach for Team Z asking to start with the new cohort in fall.
- I told my co-workers that I’m going to start training for a half iron in the fall.
- Eagleman has sold out. Florida 70.3 has not. I don’t know Team Z’s schedule for next year.
- DMG has submitted a proposal for Improvapolooza (mark your calendars for August 30th at the Source Theater)!
- Rehearsals with my group are awesome!
- The Fall run starts September 9, 2008. I hope that DMG gets a few slots. The competition is tough with all the other new student start ups.
- I have not signed up for anymore races this season (yet). I’m scared to sign up for one on my own.
- If I were to sign up I’d do Luray in August, Dewey in September, and Pensacola in October.
- I have not done any training since Smallwood which was one month ago today. Wait, I did do the Davidsonville bike ride.
- I spent the weekend at Dewey Beach with a group of girls that I barely know. It was fun to do something different, but visiting that town is not something that I much enjoyed. I spent 4 hours in the Saturday sun with only one layer of SPF 50 applied that morning. I’m still tender from the sunburn and it’s 3 full days later.
- I joined SparkPeople today. If you join, my user name is mellowblonde. Tell them I sent you and I get some points!
- I had one date that has led to something that has all the makings to be a really great friendship. I’d like for it to be more, but there’s no denying that when you buy your own $2.36 beverage, the guy is just not that into you.
- There’s an improv guy from the past that’s shown up real recently; he also has the marks to be a great friend.
- I’m a little frustrated with making friends; I’ve got quite a few already.
- The Bartender has messaged me a few times lately. He moves back in September. It was one year ago this week that we got back together for the last time. That seems like ancient history.
- Sometimes his messages are quite sweet “You waive me off when you want, but I will àlways love you. Not crazy love you, just regular old need you into my life, love you. Like beetles love you ‘in my life’ style”.
- Other times they remind me why it’s over “you know I always did like you a little bit tipsy”.
- My church will more than likely close in two weeks. That makes me profoundly sad and also quite relieved that it’s over. Fighting that battle has really left a bitter taste in my mouth for organized religion. Maybe it’s for the best that I’m planning to spend my Fall and Spring Sunday mornings doing long bike rides.
- My recent church search has been similar to how dating felt this time last year. It was impossible for me to move on because I wasn’t over the Bartender. I’m not ready to leave the people of my church. I love that cast of characters so much.